I’ve begun working on a sweater for my husband, finally. And then of course he’s having more health issues. We’re not really sure what is going on just yet. He has another MRI later today. Last week I dropped him off at the ER and, since visitors are no longer allowed due to the pandemic, drove home to wait. The kids were at school, so to cope with my worry, I worked on his sweater.
I’m kind of wishing I had started with a smaller needle for the ribbing, but I think it will look fine once he’s wearing it. I also lost the measurements I had taken for everyone in the family. I have no idea which notebook I put them in. So I measured two of his sweaters that he wears often to get his measurements secretly. Part of me wants to tell him that I am finally making him a sweater. That maybe telling him would help his mental health through all of this. Then I think about what it will be like to give it to him without him having known that I had been working on it for months.
So, for now, I’m keeping it a secret. Every time I pick it up and knit my way around, I meditate on his health and send him Reiki healing. With him unable to work at the moment, finding time to get some of it done can be difficult, but somehow I’m managing to make progress. This is my first time making a bottom-up sweater. Of course it’s in the round; my motivation dies with having to make two of almost the same twice. There’s something about knitting it all at once that keeps me going. I also added only a bit of cabling to the front. This sweater is going to be pretty big, so I didn’t want to make myself crazy with too much cabling. I’ve already had to rip down and fix a mis-cross. I’m just so tickled that someone showed how they used dpn’s to fix cabling in one of the Facebook groups I’m in and it has been a game changer for me. Now I have no fear in fixing mistakes, if I catch them quick enough.