I’ve made it this far and I’m ripping it all out. I’m not happy with it. This cable doesn’t really feel right for my husband. So, I thought I’d try this Baroque Cable and was in the process of writing it out from the chart, figuring out the abbreviations that work best for me as I went, but it still didn’t feel right.
So I pulled out the magazine and began looking at the sweater I had originally wanted to make my husband. It is worked in pieces and seamed. I could have figured out how to get it into the round, but the other sweater is already done in the round and I really like the fishermen’s ribbing.
This led me to combining the two patterns. I’m using the cabling pattern of the original idea and the collar, but the ribbing and in the round style from the second one. I’m feeling a lot better about this choice and the ripping out process was pretty painless. It was a lot of yarn and it’s still a bit of a mess with some twisted stitches and such. I’ll sort it tomorrow. At least I know the measurements work, so I didn’t have to cast-on all over again.
Definitely feeling much better about this sweater now.