I’m at it again. Frankensteining a sweater from a few sources. I’ve been wanting to make one for my sister for a while now and we have had many a conversation about what she would like. Soft, cozy, and a cardigan/jacket style.
I recently finished a few projects and am really just working on a sweater for myself at the moment. I’m actually following a pattern with only a few tweaks from me and it’s really repetitive. Which is fine, but that leaves my brain open to wandering. Que obsessing over my sister’s sweater.
I found yarn and knew I wanted to do an Aran style. My next step was finding the right cables and sweater base. I kept mixing and matching different options and finally landed on the ones I wanted. Then I began trying to sort out their layout. It was getting too difficult to do the math, so I pulled out my graphing paper and set to work.
I’m still working on it, but at a certain point I just have to get the next step started. So I began writing out what I charted. So much simpler with all that work already done. I also use the same sleeve and front panel chart for both sides, I just read them backwards for the second one.
And, of course, I had to start knitting it up while still writing it up. And then pull out the eight or so rows I had done. It’s looking much better the second time around.