I ran out of the color I was using. I kind of knew it was going to happen, but it had only been a week or so since I bought the yarn, so I figured it would still be at the store. I should know better by now.
I can’t bring myself to rip this sleeve back and add the new shade of purple to make the sleeves match. Nor do I want to rip the second sleeve out to make it all the same purple. My daughter is a funky kind of person and seems to be happy with what’s happening. So onward I will knit.
I’m pretty proud of this sleeve design. I just kind of made it up as I went. I am using established stitch patterns, but the strategic decreases and shape is mine.
So here we go. Last stretch of work. The second sleeve is almost done and then we’ll see if I can figure out the collar. I’ve got ideas and, hopefully, enough yarn.