My sister’s sweater is finally done and it feels pretty good. I was able to smooth the collar edge in one spot. The stockinette edging on the pockets did indeed make it much easier to sew them on. And I’ve decided mixing buttons is my signature. Speaking of, I need to buy more.
I like the look of these red buttons better than the black I was planning on. They really set the whole piece.
I’ve learned a lot about how to make a shawl collar.
I added mini cables to the ribbing and kept it up through the collar.
The pockets came out better than I had hoped. The pattern of the sweater made this really easy to keep straight. Well, mostly straight.
I’m especially happy with the sleeves. They’re very cozy and the cuff design is all my own, simple as it is.
This was a lot of fun to make. Even the difficult bits that brought me the joy of a good challenge. Now, to put my hard earned patience to use with a good soak and waiting for it to dry. I’m looking forward to being able to give this to my sister.