This black and mushroom sweater has got me really worked up. I know what I need to do to make the collar right, but I’m not ready yet. So, instead I’ve decided to work on something else that has been driving me crazy for a few years.
I started this sweater so long ago I don’t even remember how long ago anymore. Every once in a while I’ve taken it out and tried working on it, but it always went sideways.
It was my first attempt at a sweater, back when crochet was my main craft. I thought crocheting one would be faster and simpler than knitting one. I was kind of wrong.
I thought this was an easy pattern, and maybe that is the whole issue. Often easy is more difficult for me. Needless to say, this garment has sat in a bag sleeveless and collar-less for a long time. It took me several years before I sewed the front and back together. Makes perfect sense that I would try to tackle it while avoiding my current frustration.
I did try to crochet the sleeves one more time, but the stitch pattern makes me crazy, so I went with a previous idea of knitting them. I also tried it on and found it too snug for me, so definitely too snug for my husband-whom I originally intended it for. My middle daughter has claimed it, hence the purple.
I’m hoping this project will help calm me and renew my spirit. I’d rather work on my sister’s gift with more joy than anger. So far, I’m finding it very relaxing.